SHOPKEEPER & MANAGER POSITIONS AVAILABLE – FULL & PART-TIME
We are looking for 1 or 2 dynamic and motivated people to fill part-time/full-time shopkeeper/manager positions. This will involve a broad range of tasks and responsibilities including but not limited to: customer service, product knowledge, day-day business needs, merchandising & display, cleaning and organization, receiving and stocking product, liaison between customer requests, warehouse/studio & owners.
QUALITIES WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- You are keen, self-motivated & detail oriented.
- You are organized, efficient and have a wicked aptitude for multi-tasking.
- You are friendly, polite and have a down to earth approachability
- You love to engage with people – listening to their requests & offering solutions, ideas and suggestions to help meet their needs.
- You work well independently with little supervision but enjoy being a vital part of a team; working towards common goals and contributing to a positive work atmosphere.
- You take direction easily but feel comfortable sharing your ideas and innovations.
- You thrive in an environment that changes from day to day with diverse tasks and responsibilities, treating the small shop tasks just as importantly as the bigger ones.
- You have a genuine interest in design & home decor, and you share our passion for vintage & eclectic styles.
- You are driven to achieve sales goals & offer awesome customer service
- You think cost consciously, and have an appreciation for the logistics of running a small business.
- Ensure our customers feel welcome and inspired in the shop and provide product information or advice they may need
- Manage the majority of customer inquiries – in person, via email/social media or over the phone
- Keep the shop looking and functioning at it’s best – refresh store displays on a daily basis, maintain a cleaning schedule & routine, keep track of ordering shop supplies
- Inventory management – including receiving orders, unpacking, pricing and stocking as well as reporting any inventory discrepancies or lowstock levels
- Sales management – use a computerized point of sale system, assist with sales steering plans, merchandizing and creating signage.
- Product knowledge – learn about the products we offer and be a competent resource for our customers
- Open and close the shop on your own
- Communicate and report regularly with the shop owners and warehouse/studio
Must be able to work weekends, and regular business hours shifts (9:30am – 5:30pm)
Previous retail & sales experience on a management level or have acquired similar skills which would translate well into a small shop environment
Merchandising & display skills.
Signage writing skills similar to what you see in the shop
Computer skills: Word, Excel, Internet/social media: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest
French language would be a big bonus
By email or in person before March 22, 2017: Please send or drop off a copy of your resume, along with a letter telling us why you feel you would make a great addition to the Tin Barn team. Don’t forget this part – we want to know who you are! Please also include your availability (days of the week) and a possible start date.
We also invite you to include links to any creative projects – a blog you write, Pinterest boards, images of design work – anything that you feel would showcase your talents & interests and be relevant to the position.
. . . in advance to everyone who applies. Selected applicants will be contacted about the interview process.
Friends, if you think you know someone who could make an awesome addition to our shop, we would LOVE it if you shared this!